1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Due to the hot and humid weather, Cotton 4ply, Baby Merino, Bamboo, Silk is good, soft and light.
I have fallen in love with sock knitting. It is very difficult to buy sock yarns here, I prefer my socks with a little stretchy texture (my first pair is 75% superwash wool with 25% nylon).
I do not knit with wool or acrylic.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
In a big Tupperware container, as the main, many other cosmetic bag/purse for easy outing carry purposes.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting/crochet (these 2 always come hand in hand) for as long as i can remember, since young, learn from my aunt.
I used to knit my own office wear during my working life. Quit my job to become a mother. Have been a SAHM since then.
I consider my knitting skill to a intermediate level cos there is a few years break off from knitting world during my DD's first few years.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What's your favorite scent?
Coffee and floral. Please do not send any candle or incense.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes, Chocolate and Caramel
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I love crochet, sewing (children clothes, bags and purses), patchwork.
No, i have not learn how to spin yet.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD).
Classical Country songs, Oldies. Yes, no problem.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love all colours but my favourite is Green.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I m a stay-at-home mum with a big baby (DH) and a little baby (DD) in a non smoking and pet free home.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I do wear scarves and hats occasionaly to shade the sun, mittens/gloves in an ice-skating ring. Never wear a poncho before, does a rain poncho counts ? I do wear them all (except poncho) while holiday in a cooler country.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I m a bags and purses knitting person. Love knitting stuffs for my 8yo daughter too, e.g. cardigan, hat, mittens, gloves, water bottle carrier, cards carrier, messenger bag, coin purse, jacket, vest...
13. What are you knitting right now?
My second pair of socks - the Jaywalker by Grumperina
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes, i love to
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I have been knitting with circular needles, 60cm (started off with Inox, now Clover) since young. i dont mind bamboo or aluminum. No plastic.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
No, not any of them.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
It is a crochet belero, 2 months old. No knitting UFO.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
A winter Wonderland - Christmas, Yarn Shopping.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
A lot -mostly knitting and crochet related items, knit/crochet magazines
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
There are many things i would like to have cos it is not easily available here. Addi Turbo circular needle is the one i wanted to collect for my needle collection.
Cotton yarn like Sugar and Cream, Lily, Bernet, Rowan and many more
Silk or Bamboo yarn
Any shorter than 40cm length circular needle for knitting smaller item
Double point needle in different sizes for sock knitting
Sock yarn (colourway, superwash wool blend, hand-painted)
I do not subscript to any magazine but i do buy Simply Knitting, Easy Knitting, Knit simple, Knit It, Vogue Knitting, Knit Today, and Interweave Knits.
I've been trying to get Favourite Socks - 25 Timeless design from Interweave by Ann Budd and Ann Merrow for my Sock KAL.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Yes, many. One of them is the different ways to knit socks.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes, i am. I am a Chinese with a 9" long foot(toe to heel), wearing size 5 shoe.
23. When is your birthday?
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
No, not yet.