Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Banana Chocolate Chips Cake

My family loves to eat banana very much. However, we cant finish the whole bunch of banana, there bound to be 1 or 2 or 3 over-riped banana to be thrown away !! After reading Hugbear, a full-time working mum to 2 boys, who enjoys baking and cooking, sharing her tips and advice in the world of baking. Since i have the ingredients found in her recipe, and with the help from Jayne, we decided to bake one ourselves. We made a few changes from the recipe.
  • 125gm of butter only which is the left-over from the Chococlae Chip cookies
  • 150gm of castor sugar
  • As per my girl's request, i added 2 tbsp choc chips
  • 2 normal size eggs ($1.80 per tray type of size-egg)
  • 3 riped (not over-riped) Del Monte banana
  • No dairy whip cream added as i do not have any in the referigrator
Before - After -

In-Between - Gone by Now !!


Ingredients:
125 gm Butter ( soften in room temperature)
150 gm Castor sugar
2 Eggs
250gm Cake flour (sift)
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. Bicarbonate of Soda
2 Del Monte ripe Bananas - mashed
1/2 tsp. Banana essence
1 Del Monte bananas- sliced for decoration on top of the cake

Method:
(1) Preheat oven at 170C
(2) Cream butter and sugar till light and creamy
(3) Put in eggs one at a time and beat together with (2) till creamy.
(4) Add in mashed bananas and banana essence and mix well
(5) Add in cake flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda - mix well again .
(6) Pour into a lined 22cm baking tin, arrange sliced bananas on top.
(7) Bake for about 50 mins or until cooked

19 comments:

Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

Sounds good!!

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

What a great idea for all those extra bananas! :)

Lisa said...

Looks wonderful - I'm sure my kids will love it.

R a i n said...

Hmm interesting, I'm anti-bananas but love to try it though hehe.

Dolly said...

You've been cooking again......good thing I don't check this blog very often......I'd weigh 400 pounds......not that that's a BAD THING. There'd just be that much more of me to love, right??????????

Love YOU..........dotty...

Jackie said...

Dear friends,

Thanks for dropping by, please do go ahead and bake this yummy banana cake - even a novice like me bake so can you.

Oiyi said...

Wow, you have been baking a lot. Way to go!! Not sure if you know this tip, but you can freeze bananas that are becoming too ripe. The skin gets black but the inside is fine for baking. I freeze it in a freezer bag.

Annie said...

Yummy!! Happy Chinese New year.

dustinac said...

Jackie, YUM! We miss you on KH and hope everything is going ok. I posted you an award on my blog : )

Jackie said...

Dear friends,

Thank you for the well wishes ! Happy New Year, Gong Xi Fa Cai !!

Oiyi - thanks for the tip, got to buy freezer bag to store our favourite nana (jayne calls that)

Dustina - i miss u guys too ! My PC crashed last Monday. Life sucks without one !! I m using the Library's internet to do a quick check as there is a long Q .

I will be back once my pc is "back home from holiday"....LOL

Bits said...

Hi Jackie, Thanks for dropping by my blog. Your recipes are lovely too... I love banana cakes.

Alice
bits-of-taste.blogspot.com

Knit Sew City Girl said...

Hi! Thanks for comment. I've struggling to find time to knit everything, but the Apple Hat is definately on my list.

Your blog is a amazing. I must browes though all your lovely receipes.

Mary

Noob Cook said...

I luv banana cake too. Your slice looks moist n fluffy. Thanks for visiting my blog =)

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Banana and choc chip - a winning combination!

Liz said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!

Rima said...

This is so yummy! I love anything chocolate and bananas.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, you gave me a new idea for my next baking! I am going to try your recipe too.

Pam said...

What a delicious and pretty cake.

Alison said...

Now THAT looks yummy!!