There isnt any pics on Jayne helping around in the kitchen like usual as my digital camera's battery flat at that moment and upon realising, i quickly put it to charged, only in time to take pics on the pastry in the oven.
This is our first tray of the Pineapple tarts, with our imagination runs wild, it has different shapes and sizes !!
This is the 2nd tray, the traditional shape of the Pineapple tarts that are in the market. We dint bake much as it is only a try-out experience, we will bake again next week for the CNY's sake. (The Chinese New Year is on 26 and 27 Jan 2009).
I actually bought a baking book from a local bookstore to bake the Chinese New Year. However after reading Peony, i decided to follow some of her portion on the ingredients.
250 g butter
75 g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
¼ tsp salt
350 g plain flour
50 g cornflour
2 eggs yolks (beaten)
For filling :
500g pineapple filling (ready made, roll into small ball at app. 6 g each)
For glazing :
1 egg yolk (beaten)
1. Preheat oven to 170°C for 10mins. Line baking paper on trays.
2. Combine ingredient A in a mixer and mix very briefly. Add in ingredient B and mix to form a soft dough.
3. Place some dough of #1 into the pineapple tart mould or Nastar mould (i dont have it at that moment, instead i use the traditional type - flower shaped). Press out pastry paste(strips if using the Nastar mould). Repeat the process and wrap each piece of pastry with 1 ball of pineapple filling. Leave pastry on lined baking tray. Glaze surfaces.
4. Bake # 3 in the preheated oven at 170°C for 15-20mins or until golden.
5. Cool well and store in a airtight containers.